Category: Blog

The latest relevant news articles for hoverboard and lithium battery fires.

RoboSimian fire caused by lithium-ion batteries destroyed a robot which is part of a $2million darpa project

A NASA Robot Exploded into a Fireball after Battery Malfunction

The ape-inspired RoboSimian was caught on video exploding into flames after its battery suddenly exploded. Researchers at the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory had recently fitted a new lithium-ion battery to the robot – alike the ones used in smartphones and hoverboards.     They plugged it into the charger and went off on a lunch break, […]

Read More
Lithium-Ion Battery Charging Apparatus Left on Bed in Waiehu House Fire

Lithium-Ion Battery Charging Apparatus Left on Bed in Waiehu House Fire

An evening fire at a Waiehu dwelling caused an estimated $400,000 in harm and displaced six citizens, according to Maui fire authorities. The fire was reported at 10:17 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 9, 2016, at a one-story home on Alakai Avenue, about a tenth of a mile west of Lower Waiehu Beach Highway. Section officials […]

Read More
airline-on-fire-due-to-lithium-ion-batteries

Airlines take actions on battery fire issue

More airlines are taking action on the prospect of battery fires. Some airlines are taking extra steps to prevent a catastrophe in situation a passenger’s device powered by a lithium ion battery catches fire during flight. At least three U.S. airlines are including new fireplace-suppression equipment to fleets in case a cell or laptop battery […]

Read More
the galaxy note 7 pictured after exploding, see how the battery pack has exploded, expanded and shattered the screen

What to Do If Your Cellphone Catches On Fire

As Samsung works to replace millions of Galaxy Note 7 apparatus amid reports of overheating and bursting batteries, we were interested: What should you do if your smartphone begins to overheat, smoke, or, worse, truly catch fire? Sadoway helped describe the science behind bursting batteries. His advice for overheating cellphones? First, if the unit is […]

Read More
All Lithium-ion Batteries are a risk, even Big Brands.

Another iPhone 7 Plus battery explosion

An iPhone 7 burst into flames a few days ago, according to images posted on the web by the owner. It’s unclear as of this time what triggered the event, and apprehension shouldn’t be noted by you just yet. The iPhone 7 doesn’t seem to have a widespread issue like Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7, but […]

Read More
iphone6-lithiumion-fire-risk

iPhone Explosion: Fire in pupil’s pocket when iPhone explodes

Batteries are the most harmful part of a smartphone, and we were reminded of that when Samsung had to issue an unprecedented global recall because of its new Galaxy Note 7 flagship phablet. But while the Note 7 had a defect that made explosions far more typical than they normally are in cell phones, this […]

Read More
the galaxy note 7 pictured after exploding, see how the battery pack has exploded, expanded and shattered the screen

Galaxy Note 7 fires induce users to pull Samsung in class action suits internationally

              Samsung is bracing itself for lawsuits from Galaxy Note 7 users with reports coming in of two different suits being filed in Korea and the United States over the fires. Consumers have maintained the company not only did not keep “good faith” but also gave them stress overuse […]

Read More
All Lithium-ion Batteries are a risk, even Big Brands.

IPhone 6 battery explosion and fire leaves owners with burns

            Thanks to Samsung’s Galaxy that is bursting Note 7 smartphone that pushed the large South Korean business to recall the handset just weeks after it went on sale, we’re all more conscious than ever that smartphone batteries can explode. There are tonnes of reasons why it occurs. In the […]

Read More
Man Claims Battery Fire Led to Circumcision

Man Claims Battery Fire Led to Circumcision

A guy maintains in court a defective battery in his cigarette that is electronic exploded in his slacks, burning crotch, his legs and member so badly that he needed a crisis circumcision. As recounted in the Oct. 14, Michael Halfmann bought a Samsung INR18650 lithium-ion battery to power his e-cigarette, but a month later, while […]

Read More
hoverboard-fire-in-kentucky

Northern Kentucky Home Fire Caused by Another Hoverboard Exploding.

Firemen discovered heavy smoking coming from the house on MacIntosh Lane at about 9:30 p.m. They promptly put out the hearth, which was contained to the room that is living. Dane Hessling mentioned as it was charging his son’s hoverboard started to make a snapping sound, so he picked it up to throw it outdoors. […]

Read More