Day: October 25, 2016

Lithium-Ion Battery Charging Apparatus Left on Bed in Waiehu House Fire

Lithium-Ion Battery Charging Apparatus Left on Bed in Waiehu House Fire

An evening fire at a Waiehu dwelling caused an estimated $400,000 in harm and displaced six citizens, according to Maui fire authorities. The fire was reported at 10:17 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 9, 2016, at a one-story home on Alakai Avenue, about a tenth of a mile west of Lower Waiehu Beach Highway. Section officials […]

Read More
airline-on-fire-due-to-lithium-ion-batteries

Airlines take actions on battery fire issue

More airlines are taking action on the prospect of battery fires. Some airlines are taking extra steps to prevent a catastrophe in situation a passenger’s device powered by a lithium ion battery catches fire during flight. At least three U.S. airlines are including new fireplace-suppression equipment to fleets in case a cell or laptop battery […]

Read More